This morning I had my 24 appointment for baby girl Sprenkel. It was at 8am so I asked Maya if she wanted to go with me and of course she did. A little background of Maya and doctors. She has a horrible fear of them and thinks that every time she has to go she will get a shot. Usually when we go to her doctor she has herself so worked up in the waiting room that she ends up getting sick. Yes this is my dramatic daughter at her finest.
Back to this morning. The whole way to the doctor's appointment she kept asking if baby or mommy was going to get a shot. I told her no and tried to explain to her that I was going to get weighed, my tummy measured and that we would hear the baby's heart beat. She walked into the office just fine and was doing great. Then it was my turn and she started to get upset. It didn't last long as the nurse was re-assuring to her that this appointment wasn't for her. I put her down when I got weighed and she stopped "crying". We went back into the room and she was great. She asked what everything was and again more re-assurance was needed regarding shots for mommy and baby.
Doctor came in and it was time for me to get on the table. Maya "thinks" that you only sit on the table when you are to get a shot so again she started "crying". Once again I told her there would be no shots and we were going to listen to her sister's heart beat. When she heard the noise a big smile came over her face and she was good to go from that point on. She has always been very protective of me but she is already protective of her sister too - so cute! All in all, she had a great time and we had a fun Monday morning adventure.
Stats from appt:
- up 4 lbs from last time - total of 7lbs gained so far
- blood pressure good
- measuring right at 24/25 weeks
- heart beat was 150's
No comments:
Post a Comment