Pages

May 11, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

The Sprenkel family of three celebrated our last Mother's Day as just that - the Sprenkel Family of three. While in one hand that is sad it is also so exciting this time next year there will be another little bundle of joy to share in special days like this one with us.

Scott and Maya went on a shopping adventure when he got home from work on Saturday and honestly it scares me every time they do this. You never know what they are going to come back with - candy and juice, a bunch of new clothes and toys or sometimes they go all out and I don't even look in the bags. This time what they came back with was extra special!! I had said I didn't want anything for Mother's Day but if they did want to "do" something - homemade or thoughtful gifts mean so much more.

Before they left, Scott said he had to ask me where something was but it was going to ruin "the gift". He needed an ultrasound picture of Maya and one of the new baby. I knew exactly where they were. Maya's was in her dresser drawer (same place it has always been) and the new babies - well that was a little trickier to "get to". A few days earlier I had thrown the bag of goodies we got from the ultrasound place away and totally forgot the pictures and video from the ultrasound were in it. So when I told Scott he had to climb in our dumpster to get the new baby ultrasound pictures - well he wasn't so thrilled!!! Luckily there wasn't much trash in there so he found them easily.

Finally time to show me the big gift and I was speechless!!! There sitting on the counter were two framed pictures of the girls. One of Maya and one of the new baby. Maya wrote her name below her picture and "Bella" below the other one. It was perfect!!! We hung the pictures up in our living room and I find myself looking at them quite often. *Side note - Bella is in the running for names, however, we are not 100% sure yet.

In all this was a perfect way to spend our last Mother's Day as the Sprenkel Family of three :)

No comments:

Post a Comment