Pages

June 27, 2011

9 months already!!

I can't believe my baby girl is already 9 months old - where did the time go?! With each day I feel more blessed to be able to call her (and Maya) my girls. What a truly great gift from God. Leilani is showing her personality more and more these days. She LOVES her sister. The other day Maya was hula-hooping and Leilani was doing the biggest belly laughs just watching her. Those are the special moments I love to witness.

Leilani's normal schedule is:
7am - wake up and eat 6oz
10am - eat fruit and 4oz
1pm - eat 6 oz
4pm - eat veggies and 4oz
6pm - eat dinner
8pm - eat 6oz

There is usually one short nap in the morning and then a longer one in the afternoon to break up her day. All other hours are spent playing, watching her sis, and now these days attempting to crawl. She is sooo close!! This weekend she showed me many times that she can go from her belly to sitting. She would do it and then look at either Scott or I and smile. We are thinking in the next couple of weeks she will take off and then there will be no stopping her! Crazy since Maya didn't crawl till close to 1 year.

At her 9 month appointment last Friday we were shocked by how much she had grown. At 6 months she weighed 13lbs....but now she weighs 17lb 12oz!!! She grew almost 5lbs in 3 months!! Way to go baby girl!! The doctor was very impressed by this and said we must be doing something right (I love to hear those words). At 9 months Maya was 17lbs 8oz so it seems like they are on the same track now.

No comments:

Post a Comment