Pages

July 8, 2011

4th of July at the Ozarks

For 4th of July weekend this year we headed to the lake for the first time this year. I was nervous about the 5.5 hour drive with a 4 year old and a 9 month old but they both did awesome! My absolute favorite part of the drive was on the way home. Maya and Leilani were in the back seat laughing their little hearts away. I could listen to the noise of laughter from my girls for hours. I hope they always make each other laugh the way they did that day :)
We arrived at the lake around 10 Friday night. Already there were my mom, Paul, Jess, Matt, McKenzie (Jess's friend), Papi (Paul's dad), Ann (Papi's friend) and Steve - well and Ginger (the dog) and Leo (the cat). So needless to say we entered a very full house. I put the girls and myself to bed and everyone stayed up and played cards till the wee hours of the morning.
The next day we relaxed by the pool, took a boat ride to Backwater Jack's for lunch and bbq'd for dinner. It was a very relaxing day. Maya has been taking swim lesssons for the past 3 weeks so she was eager to show everyone how much she has learned. Scott and I have been at her swim lessons but we had no idea she had picked up on so much. By the end of the weekend, she was swimming across the pool, face in the water, all by herself!!
On Sunday Maya, Jess, McKenzie, Matt and myself took a helicopter ride over the lake. I have been going to the lake for over 10 years now and have never seen the lake from that view. It was sooo beautiful!! Maya wasnt sure what to think about it all but I think she really enjoyed it and thought it was super special she got to go. The rest of the day was spent in the pool, on the couch relaxing, and bbq'ing for my birthday dinner.
Monday we woke up a little early so we could take one last boat ride to Paradise for breakfast. Nothing special about the buffet but it was great to get to go on the boat one last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment