Pages

August 3, 2012

Kindergarten already....

With less than two weeks till Maya starts Kindergarten I am starting to realize my baby isn't really a baby anymore. She is so very excited to go to school with all the big kids that live around us, meet new friends, meet her teacher and learn to read. But I on the other hand have been looking back at pictures of the past 5 years and can't believe it went so fast. My grandma always told me to stop growing up (well actually she still tells me that) and now I find myself saying that to Maya. Her response "mom I can't do that" :) Man I love this girl so much.

A couple weeks ago we finally took Maya for the dreaded 5 year appt. Yes we are only 5 months late but that is due to the fact that Maya knew she had to get shots and is terrified of the doctor. So Scott and I both went and we "managed". She did shed many tears but in the end she did it and that is all that is important. I never really think of her as tall compared to other kids but I guess she is (definitely doesn't get that from me).

At 5 years old Maya is
44 3/4 inches tall - 72%
43 lbs - 58%

Maya continues to be the best big sister to Leilani. They play together all the time with dolls, her truck, coloring, whatever it may be there are always tons of giggles. Maya also loves to play school or house. You can usually find her talking to her "kids", taking her dog on a walk, or teaching the "kids" something fun. It is so neat to watch and witness what she is learning thru her "teaching" it.

My favorite activity to do before school started was always school supply shopping so I can't wait for Maya to really experience that this year. That will for sure be a super fun trip for all of us. And then I am sure we will have to go get a first day of school outfit....and then who knows where we will end up.

Looking ahead to the first day, August 16 2012, I see many tears of both sadness that my baby is growing up but also excitement for the years ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment