Life has obviously gotten away from me for the past 9 months so here is a quick recap of the major accomplishments, milestones and changes the Sprenkel family have been up to.
February 21 - Maya turned 6 and had a great party at Monkey Joes. Her friends from Beaver Creek Elementary and our neighborhood all came and had a blast. She even gave Monkey Joe a hug which was a big improvement from the last time we were there. I can't even begin to describe the love I have for this little girl. She is sassy, sweet, oh so caring and yet fiesty at the same time. She keeps her dad and I on our toes everyday and we couldn't be more lucky to call her our daughter.
March - The girls and I took a trip to see Grandma and Paula over spring break. After a full day of delayed flights, landing gear not going up, cancelled flights, redirection, and on and on - we finally landed in Cinncy and had a fun time. It is always great to go visit but it never seems to be long enough!
April - I was promoted at work and became the Segmented Supply Chain Coordinator for our group. This new role meant I would take on a more leadership role and also supervise employees. I had been working for this and was so happy when all the hard work paid off.
May - Niki (and Ajdin) graduated from the University of Iowa so we went up for the graduation. Of course it was the hottest day of the week but it was so great to all be together and celebrate such a great accomplishment!
June - We took our first vacation to California since Leilani was born. We were out for a week and had a great time. We went to Great American with Scott's mom for the day and saw a couple awesome shows and rode some rides. Maya wasnt afraid at all to go on rides and almost went on an upside down roller coaster. If only we had worn tennis shoes and not flip flops :( We went to the city one afternoon, Scott chaparoned Melissa's 8th grade trip to Great America and Melissa graduated 8th grade. So crazy to think the first time I met Scott's family Melissa was just a cute little 2 year old. Now she is a teenager who started high school this year! Once we came back from California our life began to get real crazy. I was approached with an opportunity to see if moving to California and working at the Woodland production location was something I would consider. After much discussion, Scott and I decided I needed to come out and see what it would all entail.
July - I came to CA July 1-3 to visit the plant and left with an offer for the position and a feeling in my heart I couldn't deny. After much struggle, discussions, emotional breakdowns and prayer we made the decision to accept the position and move to California!! I believe I officially accepted the position mid-July and then the real craziness began. We knew it was going to be a fast move so we had a lot to get in order in Iowa before we could move 2500 miles away. We spent as much time as we could with close friends, family and neighbors. We worked on the house which meant deep cleaning, painting and finishing all the white trim. After we were all done Scott and I fell even more in love with house we had so many memories in. Scott and I both started to slowly wrap up stuff at our jobs but knew we still had a little time to cherish at the companies and positions we had loved!
August - By the beginning of August we had our official move date - August 16, 2013. The movers were scheduled to come pack our house starting on Monday August 12 and then they would head to CA as soon as they were done. Our cars would shortly be following. Our last days at work were hard and the last night with our neighbors (who had become our family over the past 9 years) was even harder. We have so many wonderful memories in Iowa and we will always call Iowa our home. It is the place that Scott and I started our life as husband and wife, the place that we brought two beautiful girls into our life, and the place we grew into the people we are today. We also had some tough days in Iowa with the loses of my grandpa, my dad, my uncle Greg and then grandma. Looking back on it all now, I realize that God put us where we needed to be at the time to ensure we cherished the time we had with our family because he knew what his plan was. I have learned to never question his plan but to embrace things that are thrown our way. That is another reason why we decided to take this opportunity. It gives us and the girls a chance to really get to know Scott's side of the family and we are so greatful for that.
On Friday August 15, Scott finished loading the truck with the dogs, boat attached and started to head West! The next morning, the girls, cats and I boarded a plane and followed shortly behind. My mom flew out for the weekend and met us at the airport! It was such a blessing to have her here our first night in California. Jill and Melissa also came up and we had a camp out on the floor of our empty house. A perfect way to spend the first night - surrounded by family. My mom left on Sunday and then the moving craziness began in CA. The movers showed up on Monday and were done unloading the truck by early afternoon. Next came the cable company, tv, our cars, and our applicances. By Thursday of the first week we had most of our stuff unpacked and in its new location. We have been adjusting well and are excited to see what California has to offer. I will update later on more specific updates on each of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment