Pages

December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving and 5am....

The Sprenkel's had another great Thanksgiving with a few twists to spice things up this year! Our day started off with the usual Sunday morning breakfast of champions (even though it was Thursday) .... cinnamon rolls for Niki, Scott and Maya. We then got dressed and headed to my mom's house around 11:30. When we arrived, Paul (my mom's boyfriend) was working very hard on putting the deep fryer together. It ended up taking longer to put the darn thing together than it did to cook it but boy was it worth it. Yes - the Sprenkel/Feaster family has now been shown the glorious side of fried turkey!!! Thanks Paul!!! One side was BBQ and the other was Cajun Butter - so yummy and delicious. We added some rolls, Grandma Feaster's asparagus casserole and mashed potatoes to the mix and then finished off with some brownies.

While Paul was putting the turkey frier together, Grandma, Niki, Scott and I looked through all the ads to see if it was worth it to join all the crazies and wake up early to go shopping. We found a new computer for my grandma and lots of toys for our adopted families that we just couldn't pass on. So the plan was set - wake up at 4:30AM and be at Wal-Mart at 5. YIKES!!! The next day I woke up and was in the car waiting for the others at 4:45 like promised. We headed to Wal-Mart and walked in the door with 45 seconds to spare. I only know this because there was an announcement over the intercom as we walked in that said - checkers you may begin checking out in 45 seconds :) Niki and I went one direction and Mom and Paul went another - all without a cart I might mention as there was not an available cart to be found. For the next 45 minutes, we shopped like crazy. We found dishes, towels, toys, underwear, camera, and so much more...including a cart to put our loot in. We then headed for the registers and quickly got worried as the lines were forever long and I had to be home by 6:30 so Scott could leave for work. Luckily, after a little investigation by myself, I found a line that only had two people ahead of me and I was headed home by 6:05. What a crazy experience but so worth it. Niki, Mom and Paul continued to other stores till around 9 and then they headed home as well.

The rest of the long weekend was spent decorating the house, spending time with Niki, and just enjoying some quite time as a family. It is so nice to have a break for work like that sometimes - especially when you don't "really" have anything planned.

Hope everyone else had a great Turkey day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment