Pages

August 24, 2010

34 week appointment

I had my 34 week prenatal appointment this morning and Maya wanted to come so it was extra special. Appointment was going well till the nurse said she needed to poke my finger to check my iron level. Maya asked if I had to get a shot and I said no but I had to get a little poke. She got off the chair (I was sitting on the table) and came over and held my other hand. It was too precious!!!

Doctor came in and Maya got excited. She knew what was next - listening to the heartbeat!!! Baby sisters heartbeat was 150bpm and sounded wonderful. Next the doctor measured my belly and said I am still measuring 31 weeks. He asked what I measured last time and I said 31 weeks. He got a little concerned look on his face and went over to his computer. After looking at my visit records, he decided we needed to do an ultrasound next week to make sure baby sister is growing well. Normally, I would be FREAKING out that something was wrong - however I am actually doing ok. Her heart rate is very strong, movements are good and we are at week 34.5 so if she HAD to come early we are definetely in the safe zone.

So I guess that we ask for everyone pray this next week that the ultrasound shows she is indeed growing and developing well. I will be sure to update after my appointment next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment