Pages

July 28, 2009

The many hairstyles of Maya

Since I haven't posted any pictures recently - I decided today would be a good day to put up some of the little monkey. Each day at daycare Miss Andrea does all the little girls hair. I never know what to expect since Maya's hair is still pretty short, but each one looks so cute and Maya loves to have her "pretties" in - as she calls them.
Maya's hair is growing, however, there still isn't much there. Here is what it looks like on any given weekend day - when I don't do it :)
Crazy hair after playing in her bed
Side view of "mommy's birthday dinner hair style"
Back view of fancy hair doo :)
This is what Maya looks like when we take out her three pigtails. CRAZY HAIR!!!

Other happenings in our life have been pretty minimal the past week. We took the boat out on Saturday with the Willis family and Maya had a great time playing in the sand with Brady & Brooke while Scott and I enjoyed a few drinks with Kristy & Josh. The weather was perfect and the best part - I successfully backed the trailer down the ramp. I have been working on mastering this skill for awhile now, but still get nervous when people are "watching". Hopefully by the end of the summer I will be a pro :) (Trust me it is harder than it looks). Saturday night we bbq'd with the Willis family and then watched the boys play some barefoot basketball. That wasn't the best idea as Scott's feet are still sore and it is 3 days later.
Sunday we went to Taste of Hope with all the neighbors. Taste of Hope is a celebration at Lutheran Church of Hope the weekend following Vacation Bible School. After the service, there was food, inflatable jumpers/slides/etc, cotton candy, funnel cake etc. Maya loved jumping on the inflatables and cant wait till she gets to do it again. We were going to get a funnel cake before we left, however, everyone else also had this idea so the line was forever long so we passed. Guess we will have to go to the State Fair to satisfy my craving! It was great to be welcomed into another church and Maya really seemed to enjoy all the singing and dancing that was going on. I know all services wont be this lively but overall we felt very comfortable and plan on going to church every weekend. This is something we have always wanted to do, however, for one reason or another never have. We want Maya to learn about God, Jesus, the Bible etc and feel now is the time to start introducing it to her. How much will she really "learn" the next year or two - who knows but it will be great for us to take a breather each week and realize how truly lucky our family is.

No comments:

Post a Comment