Pages

October 1, 2009

Update on all of us

It has been almost two weeks since I last blogged so I figured I would update everyone on all of us as a lot has been happening.


Maya - is still working on potty training. She is now dry all day at daycare and most of the time at home. We have our occasional accident but she is doing great. However, she will not poop in the potty - only her pull up so we still have some work to do. Her black eye is completely gone and all the swelling has disappeared as well - yeah!! I felt so bad everytime I looked at her. She is full of energy and talking more and more each day. We have full conversations now and it is so much fun to just sit and listen to her because you never know what is going to come out of her mouth next.

Maya got to spend all day last Saturday with grandma (my mom) and Niki, while Scott and I did the MidCoast Road Rally (more details on that in a minute). They went to see great-grandma, shopping, ate lunch, all napped and then played some more. They then to pick me up at the final check point of the rally and we all went grocery shopping and had dinner together. It was a long day for grandma, Niki and Maya, however they all had a great time. Thanks again!!!



Scott - where do I start...good news first! Scott (driver) & I (navigator) participated in the MidCoast Road Rally this past weekend and had a great time. The rally started at Jordan Creek and had pit stops at Bass Pro, Newton Speed way (again more in a minute), Saylorville lake and ended up at the state fair grounds. We only got lost a couple of times, however, we had a great time and didnt get any speeding tickets!! :) While at the Newton Speedway, we were able to drive laps around the track. I am not sure I have seen Scott that happy in quite some time so that was super fun for me to see and fun for him to experience. The banks are crazy on the track. Now for the bad news - Scott was let go from his job last Thursday so he is back on the job hunt. He has already had one interview this week, has one set up for next week and has a few contacts to follow up on as well. Keep your fingers crossed that he will find something in the future that he enjoys but also brings some stability to our family.

Emily - nothing too exciting here compared to the other two :) Still working at Pioneer and about to get busy. Summer is always slow as well - the beans are growing so there isnt much for me to do. That will all change in the next week or two but I am ready for it.

Oh - and....Scott and I's 5 year wedding anniversary is tomorrow. Crazy to think it has already been 5 years since we were standing outside at Cooper Wynd with all of our friends and family, reciting our vowes. We are still very much in love and going strong.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it has been 5 years already!! Congrats to you two! I hope Scott finds a new job soon, I will be thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete