Pages

July 23, 2010

The girls :)

The girls - I like the way that sounds!!!

Maya is doing great. Scott recently bought her a bike and she is already a pro at riding it. She insists on going on multiple bike rides a night which is fine except when the heat index is 100+ degrees. Oh well I guess - anything for my baby girl! We discovered that she is "allergic" to bug bites as she got one the other weekend on her face and her whole eye swelled up. Then she got another one on her leg this week and it did the same thing. A not so good trait she got from me. Guess we will just always need to make sure to have bug spray close by. She has also been going on field trips at school and having a great time. She has gone to the Science Center, Living History Farms and next week is going to the zoo. It is so much fun to listen to her talk about what she saw, touched and experienced. Maya can also spell her name which is great. She has been able to for awhile but would usually leave out the M - not anymore :) She is becoming so grown up and we couldn't be more proud of her.

Baby girl number 2 is doing great as well. I had my 30 week doctors appointment and all is well. Gained 2 lbs. so I am up 13lbs total. If I gain a pound a week from here on out I will be almost exactly where I was with Maya so I can handle that. Baby girls heartbeat was in the 150's again (same as it has been at my last few appointments) and I am measuring right on. She prefers the right side of my belly most of the time and is definitely more of a mover and shaker than a kicker. Scott, Maya and Niki saw my belly moving the other night so that was super special for them. Maya continues to be very excited for her sister to come but is starting to get a little impatient - if only it were that easy :) 

All in all - the Sprenkel girls are doing great!!! Maya continues to amaze us each day and feel so blessed to be her parents!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment