Pages

August 22, 2009

Maya & I --- in California

Maya & I adventured to California this past weekend to see the rest of the Sprenkel family. First off - thanks again to Papa & Gigi for letting Maya (us) overtake their house for a couple days. Thanks to Grandma for meeting us at the park, Aunt Stacey and Uncle Bobby for coming to the house and Melissa for helping babysit while Jill and I snuck out for a couple hours :)
We arrived in California around 8pm on Thursday night after two good flights. Maya did great traveling and was such a big help carrying her bag all the way through the airport. She tried as hard as she could to stay awake on the car ride home, but fell asleep around Pleasanton. On Friday morning, she tried to wake up at 4:15, however, I convinced her that was WAY too early and she went back to sleep till 6:30. We saw Melissa off to school, Shannon off to program, Papa off to work and Gigi off to her interview. We had a great day that included a walk to the park, a trip to the store and a nap before Gigi returned home. Maya had been waiting to go swimming till Melissa got home from school so she could hardly contain herself anymore. The instant Melissa walked in the door Maya yelled "ready to go swimming" :) The girls swam and played and then we met Papa at the sports bar for dinner. After dinner we watched the Hannah Montana movie - definitely not the movie to watch when you are trying to get a little girl to calm down but she loved it.
Saturday morning Maya and me met Grandma at the park in Brentwood. It was hot and Maya was grumpy because she hurt her leg on the slide, however, she was excited to see grandma. It was a short but very nice visit. Thanks again for the book, cards and Mr. Potato Head. She loves them all! After the park, we returned home for the bbq/swim party. Papa had been talking about it for the past day so Maya was super excited. Aunt Stacey and Uncle Bobby came out to see us (I mean Maya mostly) and that was great. We swam, ate some great food, and just caught up from the past few months. Maya was wiped out from all the fun and needed to take her nap. Per Papa & Melissa's request - Jill and I snuck out and did a little shopping while Maya napped. I found Maya two cute fall/winter outfits and Jill found some hand soap - nothing too exciting but it was nice to have some girl time. Melissa changed Maya's diaper when she woke up from her nap and they played together till we got home.
On Sunday we woke up and just relaxed around the house before we began our adventure home. Maya fell asleep on my chest and took a little nap before we had to leave the house and I thought this was a little weird. She has not snuggled and fell asleep on my chest like that in forever. I was by no means complaining, however, something just didn't feel right. She woke up and had a fever so we gave her some Tylenol and that seemed to do the trick. We arrived at the airport and she was still feeling well so we boarded the plane and had a great flight. She even went potty on the airplane!!! About 20 minutes before the flight ended she started getting snugly (like earlier in the day) so I knew the Tylenol was wearing off and she wasn't feeling well again. We landed and I was able to find some children's Motrin in the airport gift store and within 15 minutes of her taking it - I had my happy baby back. Our next flight went well and she was so excited to see her daddy!!! She really missed him and he was waiting right there for her. We ended up giving her more Motrin that night as the fever kept coming back. Good news is she woke up on Monday feeling good and no signs of a fever.



Overall, we had a great time in California and cant wait to see everyone again! We love you all and thanks again for everything!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment