Pages

September 13, 2010

Another loss in the family....

Yesterday morning I received the call I had been dreading but also knew would be coming. My Uncle Greg had lost his courageous battle with brain cancer. There aren’t really any words that describe how I am feeling. My uncle and I have always had a very special relationship – even till the very end when he could barely communicate. He was ornery, playful, a big knucklehead, but also so loving, caring and would be there at the drop of a hat if anyone needed him.
I have had time to “prepare” for the next two days but don’t really think you are ever “prepared” to say good bye to someone who was so very special in your life. The raw pain I feel in my heart is scary but I know it is true and only shows how much I truly loved and cared for him.

Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers over the next two days and they are going to be some of the hardest we have been thru in a long time. Please say an extra pray for Jenny and Robert (his kids) and his wife Lori. The days ahead are long and very scary and it is the love of friends and family that will carry them thru.

No comments:

Post a Comment