Leilani Hope entered the world at 1:38pm on Friday September 24, 2010. Below are the details/highlights of her birth.
6:30am - checked into hospital for induction to begin. Did paperwork, got situated in the room/bed, got iv started etc.
7:35am - Pitocin started
8:15am - Dr. Casper came and checked me. 3cm dilated and 80% effaced. Water broke by doctor
9:30am - contractions are strong and very uncomfortable
10:00am - epidural started and feeling much better now
10:45am - 5 to 6cm dilated and very thin
12:05pm - 7 cm - legs are very heavy and I have to have help to move them
1:05pm - 10cm and ready to push. I hadn't felt any contractions since my epidural was started (exactly how it should be) but I started to feel some pressure down low. Nurse checked and Leilani was ready to be born. Doctor came in and I ended up pushing for less than 20 minutes and she entered the world crying at 1:38pm . Apgar scores were 8 & 9!
Stats:
Weight - 6lbs 7oz
Length - 20 inches
We stayed in the delivery room till around 3 and then were moved to our mother/baby room. I felt great all afternoon besides my legs not wanting to work for awhile while the epidural was wearing off. Niki brought Maya and she was instantly in love (just like we were). She gave her new sister lots of kisses and did a great job of holding her. Amazing to see our two girls sitting together <3 We are very proud of Maya, couldn't have asked for a better delivery and cant wait to watch Leilani grow up!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment