I had my 38 week appointment this morning and boy was it eventful. I knew I was going to see a different doctor today (mine decided to take vacation this week) and was totally ok with that. Here is how our conversation went:
Doctor - So when was your last ultrasound?
Me - almost 3 weeks ago. Dr. Osborn (my doctor) said we wouldn't be doing another one because it would be so close to 39 weeks when we would induce.
Doctor - well I would like to do one and if baby is at or below the 10th percentile then we will induce you today or tomorrow
Me - WHAT?? I mean ok...
So she measures my belly (still small) and does her exam. My body has been cooperating!!! I am now 3cm dilated, 60% effaced and at -2 station!!! Blood pressure and heartbeat were also good. WOO HOO. She then says that she will go check with the nurse about finding an open ultrasound appointment in the next day or two. I sit for a second and then here "right now" from outside my door. Next thing I know I am sitting in the ultrasound room :)
Baby girl looked great. She is weighing in at 6lbs even right now. The first set of measurements put her right at the 10th percentile and the second set put her at the 12th percentile. I went back to the room and waited for the doctor to look over the results and come up with a plan. She finally came in and said that we will go ahead and induce this Friday (39 weeks). Baby is considered "healthy/growing" even though we know she is on the small side. So now, I am waiting to hear what time we have to report to the hospital on Friday. In 4 days we will be the proud parents of two beautiful girls!!! I am so excited and feel so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment