I am thankful Scott and I both have jobs and they are so very flexible with our schedules. We both were able to attend Maya's school program where the kids sang songs, did crafts and ate stew. Maya eyes got to bright when she saw us sitting there :)
I am thankful that the girls love our pets so much. Leilani has become very found of Louie lately and will literally chase him around the room and lay on top of him. Most the time he doesn't mind and I just couldn't help but capture both Maya and Leilani snuggling with him.
I am thankful my mom, Paul(a), grandpa, Nancy, Niki and grandma were able to come and celebrate Thanksgiving in our home, all together, this year. There were a couple times where I had to step back and take it all in but I am hopeful this won't be the last time we are all together for Thanksgiving.
I am thankful for decorating our Christmas tree and house as a family. Scott had to work the Friday after Thanksgiving, so the girls and I put up the tree but waited till he got home to add the decorations. As always, Scott and I added our first ornaments to the tree like we do every year. They are a diet coke and coke can that we have had since our very first tree together. Funny thing is, Scott doesn't drink soda anymore but we can't break tradition over little details. The girls had so much fun handing them to him and just helping overall. Leilani only liked the ornaments that moved and all the rest she said "no working". Maya had her favorites and thought it was cute we had pictures in a couple of her as a baby.
A couple other things I am always thankful for (in no specific order) are: our extended family near and far, , our girls, my husband, our home we have created together, our friends, our jobs, our health, our realizing just how special time together as a family really is, diet coke, cookies, puppy chow, and so much more. I just love this time of year and am really trying to slow down and take it all in this season.

No comments:
Post a Comment